Cafe BolaWhen I think Cafe Bola, I think cool and refreshing kamias shake (yes dearie, don’t squirm there, it’s a jewel of a drink ha!), crispy adobo flakes with kesong puti (white goat cheese), and spicy tuyo (salt-preserved fish). Yummy and totally Filipino! Foreigners out there, try this resto! And to my fellow Pinoys, if you have taste, I’m sure you’ve already found out about this resto.

I usually go to either their Greenbelt 3 branch, or the one in Araneta Center. Here’s my observation: in their Greenbelt 3 branch they have more handsome waiters. In Araneta Center, their location is so strategically gay — right beside Starbucks, a certified gay hangout. Go for the food, and you may just take out an exciting dessert, courtesy of the neighbor hangout place! Hahahha!

By the way, Cafe Bola is celebrating their 3rd anniversary, an Inquirer article here.

1. felisa said on 01-11-2007

i agree flirt ang mga waiter…lalo na si eric…grabe… ang sexy ng waiter na yan…ang ganda ng katawan…titingnan mo siya lagi…wow eric…more…more…more

2. luis said on 19-02-2007

nothing beats cafe bola’s adobo flakes + kamias shake! cafe bola in araneta center has a new captain waiter who looks very gay. also, the waiters are flirt there… try jeffrey, he’s not really cute but he is really flirt.

3. Jose Manilla said on 21-12-2006

So sad: the maitre d was let go: was just told it was a disagreement with management. Still see him hang around the place at night. So wishing we can help him…and table him pa ;)

4. jonat said on 09-11-2006

very agreeable… good consistent and reasonably priced food plus good looking servers & crew (Especially in GB3, Of course times have changed, so has their resto and staff)

but hey Ms. Fores always delivers whether reasonable bola or tony pepato … she also has good looking servers during catering duties.

5. manila gay guy said on 11-09-2006

hello jose manilla! thanks for the tip ha! kakaripas ako sa cafe bola ng makilala yang mga sinabi mo! hehehe. thanks for dropping by! mwah!

6. Jose Manilla said on 11-09-2006

Sorry to disagree but I think the waiters in Araneta Center are pretty hot, too. Check out the semikal cook, Arnel — what a damn tease! And there’s this handsome, albeit short, waiter who’s on at night…either he’s playing ocular tag or he’s focused on my dietary requirements, hahaha! And the assistant maitre d is boyishly charming…always ensuring a good tip from me and mine.