In a compilation surveyed by The Philippine International Media & Film Association, The Arts Factor in Los Angeles and Manila, and The Indie Houses of the Philippines, comes the list of 2007’s best Filipino independent films and directors to watch out for. Read on.
2007’s BEST INDIE FILMS
1. KADIN - written & directed by ADOLFO ALIX JR.
Bicycle Pictures in association with Ignite Media Inc.
2. BALIW - written & directed by REDD OCHOA
Redd5Luke Entertainment Productions
3. FOSTER CHILD - directed by BRILLANTE MENDOZA
written by Ralston Joel Jover
4. SELDA - directed by ELLEN RAMOS and PAOLO VILLALUNA
written by Paolo Villaluna
5. ENDO - written & directed by JADE CASTRO
6. ATAUL FOR RENT – written & directed by NEAL “BUBOY” TAN
Artiste Entertainment Works
7. BLACKOUT - directed by ATO BAUTISTA
written by Shugo Praico
8. AUTOHYSTORIA - written & directed by RAYA MARTIN
Raya Martin Production
9. ROME AND JULIET – co-written & directed by CONNIE S.A. MACATUNO
Cinema One Originals Prod.
10. TRIBU - written & directed by JIM LIBIRAN
8 Glasses Production
DIRECTORS TO WATCH OUT FOR
1. JADE CASTRO
2. WILL FREDO
3. REDD OCHOA
4. ATO BAUTISTA
5. RAMON “MES” DEGUZMAN
6. JIM LIBIRAN
7. KHAVN DELACRUZ
8. JOHN TORRES
9. ELLEN RAMOS
10. CONNIE S.A. MACATUNO
Congratulations to those who have made films this past year and let us look further forward towards another incredible season that topples what is considered as the “norm” in this country and continuously think outside the box and make a difference.
Long live the independent film cinema and to those behind them!!